Monday, November 2, 2009

Homecoming! Corn! Pigs!

I am so excited about this weekend because all of my kids will be home!!! YAY!!! I can't wait!!! Things are shaping up for Nanny's birthday party. I hope that we have good weather...it was like spring today. A perfect day. The nights are in the 40's, though. That is wierd. (Right?) We went to the apple house on Sunday and bought lots of apples. Guess I will be making some apple crisps and maybe some apple bread...yum. Besides going to the apple house and getting our usual apple pies and apple cider, we went through a CORN MAZE. It was so much fun! I had never done that before and would have gotten completely lost if I had been the leader, but fortunately for all, I declined the very many requests for me to lead, so we managed to get through without too many hitches. It was tricky, though. And huge--4 miles of walking. And muddy. And to quote the lady who owns it, "very slickery." To end the day, we stopped at Colonel Poole's (the pig hill of fame place) and ate delicious barbeque! I wish that we could have all been together for that fun day, but very soon we will all get to see each other. I hope that I will be able to sleep until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment