Friday, November 27, 2009

Our Thanksgiving

Alright, wach. We missed you guys yesterday. Missed your call in the morning because my phone was still on silent from church the night before, then got Mom's voicemail later in the day. Jackie's been traveling for work all the time, so it was nice just to have a quiet day in the old apartment. Jackie made some ham and after I peeled some potatoes we made mashed potatoes.

Actually, I guess listing a menu is kind of boring. We had a big good meal that I'll be eating all next week while Jackie's in Bloomington, Illinois again. On Wednesday night we went to a potluck at church, so we had pently of food there, too.

Hmmm. This blog post is boring me to death, but I thought it'd be good to let you guys know what's going on, what we did for Thanksgiving, so on. Today I insisted that we go to Macy's. I really wanted to see the big crowd and I needed new pants. Those of you who have been here might know that the Macy's is like seven floors high, with a big well in the middle full of escalators. We went in the door and it was like going into a sporting event or something, like shoulder to shoulder. So, I thought maybe I didn't need pants so bad and we were just going to grab a cup of coffee and get out of there. But the escalators were completely full. Like, on all seven floors, a person on every step. It was awesome. And crazy. And we left.

I'm sure that it's the same everywhere on Friday after Thanksgiving, but I've never really gone out to shop on this day, so it was cool for me to see. And terrifying.

1 comment: