Sunday, September 27, 2009

Finally!

Well, finally (thanks to Eric) the blog is up and running! I hope that everyone will check in and add something to this so that it does what it was meant to do. What a week it has been. The steady rains finally caused a big mess here. I have never seen so much water gushing down the street. I just stood at the front door and watched in amazement at how much rain was falling and how it was rushing down the road. It was unbelievable. Somehow it made the cedar shake on the front of the house that I just had power washed a couple of weeks ago turn grey again! So terrifying to come upon a road that was closed just minutes before and driving on a road that I knew should be closed, praying that I was not carried with the flow. I felt that way on Monday when things really got crazy. Or in the case of the MidwayRoad bridge, to be the first to come upon it and see that it was underwater. I backed up the road in a panic and after finding a driveway to turn around in, I stopped every car that I passed and warned the cars that had started down Midway to go back, the bridge was under water. It seems wrong to complain when so many people were affected so much worse. Dana's shop flooded and he and all of the workers spent all of last Monday dealing with the water and the damage that it caused. Not to mention what so many in Powder Springs (and in Clarkdale, only a half mile from Nan) were/are suffering through--many lost everything--and nobody had flood insurance because they were not in an area that normally flooded. It reminds me of when Cheri Hutchison screamed that we should all get earthquake insurance because she found out that we were sort of on a fault line here. It is like a dollar a year to have it but nobody listened to her because we have never had an earthquake here. Maybe I should rethink that now...on to other things...a great new show premiered last week, Fast Forward I think it is called or something like that. Premiered on Thursday before Fringe. I loved it!! Right up the Biddy Bunch alley. Those who saw it, weigh in! Tonight's big adventure: the freezer thawed up everything. Of course, I had a freezer full of stuff. Lots of chicken! I guess I will be crockpotting like crazy over the next couple of days. Argh! Well, that's it for now. I will have lots more to say in the next blog. I love you all and miss all of you who are far away!!

1 comment:

  1. Natalie and I watched that show last night and it WAS very good. The rains hit us pretty hard up here, also, but I don't think it was anywhere near as bad as it was in Georgia. We had flood warnings for our county and all of the surrounding counties on Saturday, but we in our area weren't really hit all that bad. The ceiling in our bedroom had some water damage but I do not think that it actually leaked down into the apartment. That happened on Tuesday I think. They still haven't come out to fix it--that's an apartment complex for ya. Our A/C hasn't been working full blast ever since then for some reason, and that bothers me. But, I'm cold natured anyway, so maybe it's all for the best.

    On Wednesday I go to get whatever medicine will put me in the world of sleepers. I've never stepped foot into that world but I'm keen for some good exploration into it.

    ReplyDelete