Wednesday, September 30, 2009
I just read the blog that I wrote earlier about how my freezer thawed up everything and realized that does not make any sense. I should have said that the freezer stopped working. As a result of that, all of the food thawed! Shortly after the freezer broke, the refrigerator stopped working. What a mess! It's fixed now, thank goodness. Dana and I worked for hours on it and had to toss a lot of food. BUT, my fridge/freezer has never looked better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I give it two weeks to be back to normal.
ReplyDeleteHere is a fast update on my most recent doctor's visit (my first one in about five years): The back pain that I have experienced for 10-15 years is a result of having fractured a part of one of the vertebrae in my lower back (a piece that holds one vertebrae to the next). This healed on its own in time, but there is still the break, still a vertebrae that is not really connected to the one below it and thus, dropped forward in alignment. There isn't anything we can do to fix it, so I'm screwed. He suggested I lay out of those things that would cause my back extra stress (soccer--though he said he wasn't telling me I had to stop) and try to build up my core muscles, those muscles being the things that are really holding me all together. I'm gonna try to take some yoga and see if I can lengthen and strengthen some of my tightened muscles. He can prescribe me muscle relaxers (I did not have him do that originally, though I think I have to call him and ask him to now because of my renewed awareness of the pain) and I can just try to manage the pain for the rest of my life. So, that's that. The next issue was my sleeping problem. He prescribed me an old drug that was used to treat Parkinson's and which may cause sleepiness. He also had me get some Melatonin (sp?) to try to reset my natural sleep/wake cycle. I'll try these out for a couple of weeks and then see what happens. So, things are looking up for Craig!
ReplyDeleteThe drug for Parkinson's is to treat my restless legs syndrome. I hadn't clarified that, so I'm doing it now.
ReplyDeleteHmph! That's for your first comment!
ReplyDeleteWhat we probably thought was a pulled muscle was a broken back. Great--new guilt!