Saturday, October 3, 2009

Nose diving birds

After going to bed feeling very sick last night (I was broadsided by a violent cold on Thursday night), I woke up early today feeling much better with only a scratch in my throat and a bit of a runny nose. Leaving your dad in bed to sleep, I took my trusted cup of coffee and Maggie out in the yard for a quick look at my roses. They have flourished since the flood. Rose Corner may yet be christened. While Maggie went in the "natural area" to do her business, I noticed some activity around the bird feeder. As background, the bird feeder has been a constant source of enjoyment/frustration for your dad and me-an anniversay present that we both agree was perfect. Actually, so was the new rose bush that was the other half of that joint present for this year. I should post pictures-breathtaking variety. But, back to the bird feeder story. We recently moved it to a bracket that swings off of the back deck to try to solve the frustration (squirrels) issue. This has proved to be a pretty good idea, because it brings the beautiful birds up close with their sweet chirping. But this morning, I noticed several birds doing a nose dive off of the back porch railing. Stepping closer to the screen, I saw them. They were all congregating on the ground looking for spilled bird seed. It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment