
Oi, I reckon that it's been too long now. I kept thinking that I'd find our camera and take some pic's of the place where I work, but we can't find the camera! So, I've stolen a picture of the outside of the building from flickr. It's above. This building is basically the whole school, though they do own three houses surrounding it. These places house students and administrative offices. Also, in my first few weeks I've noticed, their basements hold thousands of books that were donated to the library and then tucked away. In the basements. Of buildings built in the 30's.
This main building, though, is really gorgeous. It's all marble, stone, and super-fancy woodwork inside. I always feel like I should be doing something very important in the halls, though so far I've mostly been making lists of and processing the donated books.
Word is that the stacks (you know, where I work alone, in the dark since most of the lights don't work) are haunted. We'll see. Or not see. Not sure which to hope for.
I feel really lucky to have gotten this job. By the time I got it I had mostly moved on to jobs that were somewhat less ideal for me. Security jobs. Tutoring elementary school kids. Warehouse jobs. I was just about to move into the city's great enemies: the traffic control people.
Oh well. So, I'm working and enjoying it. I like the few people I work with. If you have any Unitarian Universalist reference questions, just let me know. I am at the place to figure them out!
Are you the only one really working in your department, or do you have a few people to work with, doing something similar to what you do?
ReplyDelete