So, on Saturday Craig and I had some friends over to carve pumpkins and it was tons of FUN- I love Fall. Also, our pumpkin turned out really well. It was also nice to get together with some friends plus, inviting people over insures that our apartment is super clean. Nothing like a little motivation :)
As far as jobs go- I still don't have one. :( But, I have a job offer down in Gainesville, FL. I would be working as a NP with a hospitalist. I told him I would only commit to a year, and it's a really good deal because he would train me and I would have constant support from him- which is huge. There are many NPs that are kind of isolated as far as having MDs around them to teach them and supervise them. The job would allow me to move toward being more autonomous as a provider without the intense anxiety of being pushed toward that as a new graduate. I haven't committed to the job yet because I wanted to see the contract first, as well as talk everything over with Craig. Craig and I are both game for the move- we think it could be really good for both of us, plus it's only a year and the training would allow me to work almost anywhere after this. Until I get the contract though I am still looking. Turns out there is a Cardiologist in Lafayette, LA that is looking for an NP and I am interviewing there on Thursday at 4pm. Not sure if after he meets me and reads my resume if he will even be interested but I want to explore every option, and then Craig and I can decide what would be best for both of us.
On a sad note... my cousin died last week and I wasn't able to go home for the funeral because I was in FL interviewing/ shadowing the Dr. for that job. They suspect his death was an overdose but the autopsy results aren't back. He's in his early 20's around Katherine and I's age, I wasn't super close to him but I wanted to be there for the family. Also, it's really sad because my aunt, his grandmother, had already lost 2 of her sons to drunk driving accidents they were the ones drinking and driving in both cases. Her x-husband was an alcoholic and eventually drank himself to death, and now she lost her grandson to addiction. So, I could go on, but I don't want everyone to be depressed.
On to the travel topic.. I feel like I have been traveling non-stop! First Boston- which was amazing! Then home to LA then to FL for the interview and now back to LA for an interview. It is always great to see my family but I am kinda done with driving all over the country. Oh well! I will keep you all posted on the job situation. It's kind of exciting but also scary and overwhelming! I am trying to focus on the exciting portion. Plus, it will be great to have 2 incomes for the first time in our almost 2 years of marriage. Okay, this was a really long post. Love you guys!
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh! I am so sorry about your cousin, and that you missed the funeral. :(
ReplyDeleteKeep us posted about the job. We're thinking about you praying for you both.